As part of the “Greater” series, this week’s sermon topic was “Greater Treasure – Sowing into the Kingdom” by Ps. Daniel Dinesh. It was prefaced by two foundations: the fact that there are only two kingdoms (light and darkness), and that we must be constantly aware of which kingdom we are sowing into in everything we do.
Some of the ways we can sow into the Kingdom of Light include:
- Money (Matthew 6:19-21 & 24; Acts 20:35; Mark 12:44; Malachi 3:10)
- Our tithes and offerings
- Gifts (1 Peter 4:1-2 & 7-11; 1 Corinthians 14:1; Luke 6:38)
- We can contribute to building the Kingdom of Light by utilising the spiritual gifts God has given us
- Righteous Living (Proverbs 11:18; Proverbs 21:3; Matthew 5:10; 2 Corinthians 9:10)
- Our lives should always exhibit righteousness
To be constantly sowing into the Kingdom of Light often makes us uncomfortable and requires us to pay a high price. However, it is necessary and crucial as God shapes us into the precise keys to unlock greater treasures!